We are looking for a motivated team player with a portfolio of work to match. One that reflects experience and relevant skill as a junior (up to mid-level) designer and illustrator.
Primary area of expertise:
- Brainstorming, conceptualising and solving design challenges in client projects with art director.
- A through-rough understanding of graphic-design and marketing principals
- Executing quick precise, print ready material across various mediums from briefs
- Digitally Retouching of Photography/ Images
- Prepare work for repro (design; checking colour proofs; checking dye-lines on press)
- Conceptualising and illustrating info-graphics
Secondary area of expertise:
- Interest in latest print finishes papers/ materials and technologies
- Interest in expanding into UI development for newsletters, websites and digital apps
- Working understanding of social media channels
- Relevant tertiary qualification from reputable institution
- Experience working with copywriters and art/design directors in design advertising, promotion, interactive media spaces
- Excellent knowledge of vector graphics, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, PDF (Acrobat & Distiller) (CS5+)
- Excellent knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint (Creating templates etc)
- Strong organization, negotiation, and problem-solving skills
- Extremely result and deadline driven
- Pro-active self starter that is attentive to detail
- Energetic, motivated, organised
- Communicator with exceptional interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Desire to grow and develop in design field
- Can work in a team and responds well to instruction
- Remuneration: market related
- Province: Western Cape
- City: Cape Town – CBD
- Job level: junior/ mid-weight
- Own transport required
- Term: permanent/ contract
Are you the designer we are after or do you know a design specialist who would like to work and grow in our dynamic studio? Head over to our contact form and setup a meeting today.
Please note: We require a relevant portfolio (PDF plus web links) and detailed CV (PDF) to start the first round (of three) in the interview process.